Saturday, May 15, 2010

Wedding

Today was a hot and stressful day. I started it off too early, for reasons I can't really explain. It has begun to piss me off that the mornings that I can sleep in, I can't because I wake up. So when I finally got going, I realized I had a helluva lot to do before I could get out of the door. Drew ready to go to someone's for Saturday night (because of the wedding), MK ready for soccer and to spend the night with Sadie, to the bank, clothes for wedding, camera equipment, et al, plus figure out where Drew was going to spend the night. Ugh...


By the time I ended a frustrating call with BB&T regarding the hijacked credit card (I apparently was sending $600+ of clothes from Brooks Brothers to a friend of mine in Switzerland -- MK and I wanted to go to Switzerland, but alas, it was not to happen), I realized that for the first time in a long time, I was mad -- really, really angry. Then to pour gas on the fire, I was told that the zippo I bought Drew from our trip to NASA had been given away by his mother to one of her friends "because of a misunderstanding." But I decided to not confront her at the soccer game and just to breathe... Then the counselor gave me the perspective I needed and I was able to get moved on into the rest of the day...

So post-game (another win, making a clean sweep for her team), we had to rush to Carrboro, then rush to Charlotte to drop Drew at his uncle and aunt's house, and then off to the wedding. It was held outside at the Rocky River Vineyard in Midland, NC (NE of Charlotte). It was outdoor and small (both of which were very nice), and it was HOT! Five gallons of water hot. But I was able to act as a second/third photographer for the wedding, giving me a first chance to take some pictures in this most hallowed event in their lives. The bride is a friend and cousin of one of my best friends, and her (now) husband is a great guy. We often would hang out together pre-Buffett at Charlotte shows and they have been happily together for years and now tying the knot. And it was a beautiful setting for their bringing together.

This photo was during the service, and in a moment when Kenny was wonderfully relaxed and the moment, to me, was one of the complete ease with which they both entered this next phase of their relationship. The after-party was great -- good eats, great conversation and a little dancing... And the other photographer (the paid ones) didn't seem to like that I was a part of the group -- oh well; too bad, so sad! ;-)

And to come out and find a missed call and message was thrilling, and bittersweet. It was salve to the sad moment and thoughts I had going to that event... My perspective on weddings has changed a great deal in the last eighteen months. Maybe again, one day...

D300 200mm f/10 1/400 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers