Sunday, May 16, 2010

Skyscraper Outline

Woke up early this morning to get Drew and head to church to teach the next-to-last Sunday before the summer break... To be up at 6:30 this morning was nothing compared to yesterday -- rested, an easy drive to get Drew before heading to Durham, and a fresh bagel from Einstein's on South Boulevard to look forward to...


Not that I was driving when I took this picture (even though I am pretty certain that is not banned by NC's no texting while driving law), but I loved the early morning sun putting all of downtown Charlotte in silhouette could not be resisted. Drew was rested too and ready to go -- his uncle Charlie had gotten him up and everyone was in a very good mood given the fact that it was 7 am when I got to their place...

Drew came down the stairs wearing the same pants he wore yesterday, but they were all Drew's up (I know -- I should have gotten a picture). These pants are unique in that the bottom of each leg can be zipped off to make them into shorts. One leg was mostly unzipped, with a little bony leg and knee showing through. The other leg had the pant part zipped off, but it was hanging around Drew's ankle where it had just fallen after being unzipped. So as we were driving up 85 (at 85 mph), I asked Drew: "Did you sleep with your shoes on?" He replied: "Nope." "Well, Drew, then did you unzip that leg this morning?" "No, Dad... I put in back on my leg before I put my shoe on," in his 'what are you, stupid' tone of voice. Got to love the boy...

It was interesting driving along 40/85 from Gboro to Durham for church. First time doing that in a long while, yet all too familiar. The right was to start the morning. Then a good hour with the class, home, afternoon nap, Target visit, cleaning of the condo, and then chinese at the pool. Now for a week of work...

D300 120mm f/16 1/1000 ISO 400
(slightly edited to remove the smeared remains of bugs from my windshield -- sorry for the graphic nature of the explanation...)

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers