Saturday, May 22, 2010

Durham Saturday Night

Joined my friends at the Tobacco Road in the left field of the Durham Bulls Athletic Park for a pre-game meal, which was wonderful. In part, because my dinner was a tomato and avocado sandwich, and in part, because I got to watch the thunderstorm come in, pass over, soak the ground and then clear off. It was the best possible way to end a pretty good way.


I woke this morning near Pinehurst, had a nice breakfast, and then sat in a mostly productive meeting for the better part of three hours. Once home, I got to do something I rarely get to do: sit, do nothing and just relax. And for that I am very blessed.

As I left the Park, and walking back to my car, I walked through the American Tobacco and got to enjoy the architecture and materiel from their creation many years ago. The old brick, the water tower, the smokestack all create an environment where the preservation keeps alive the energy of the place. Too many places like this have been lost to time, in too many towns in America. I am thankful that Jim Goodman preserved this one.

Top: D300 18mm f/5.6 1/100 ISO 400
Bottom: D300 18mm f/8 1/250 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers