Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Greensboro

Today was a big day in Greensboro. Started early to get to a seminar I was teaching at 9:00 am. When I stopped to fill my car up at Sheetz on Wendover, I was shocked at how cold it had gotten in the 60 minutes since I had left Morrisville. The rains, and the weather patterns, and the seasons we enjoy here, make it always interesting. Wasn't it 90 degrees on Saturday?!?!?


An incredibly productive day, with two seminars taught (was fortunate to have one of my cousins, who happens to also be a client of ours, in one of them), and a good chunk of time in the interim to get lots of work done and emails returned. When the day was finally over, because of some meetings in the AM, and that I was invited to do so, I stayed in the always fine Proximity Hotel in Greensboro. A great corner room, facing Wendover and the field toward Bryan Blvd., and a very relaxing space to eat, work, and watch Lost (only one episode left, but it's 2.5 hrs long!!).

After Lost was affirmation of so many things that I know and feel about myself. Talking, being and seeing was natural and effortless, and it allowed the space in between to be just time. I do not know how others feel, but for me, it was positive time, and confirmation of those things in my head and heart. And to me, there was no better way to end this day than riding around, saying some but not much, and enjoying the smell of second-hand smoke and the sights of nighttime Greensboro.

Don't you struggle with those things? I had a great conversation earlier this evening with a friend of mine (one of my best) and he shared his concerns about his inability to get focused, to let big things hang over his head, and how easy it is to get lost in that pattern. He turned to me for advice because he saw that I had been there. He has remarkable strength, character and intelligence. But some times we just have to get out of the way, ya know?

Tomorrow? Tomorrow's already here. Live it. I am.

D300 200mm f/5.6 1/25 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers