Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lake Dragon

Today, I woke in New Orleans (technically, I was in Kenner, LA) and spoke to a group of Health Underwriters on HIPAA Privacy. I really love speaking to groups -- it's one of those opportunities to stand up and keep the attention of an audience while teaching them something they need to know. The best compliment I received was an older gentleman (he is always at our national convention) who said: "You did very well, especially given the topic." That is the ultimate congratulations as a speaker.


But the rest of the day was stressful. Someone hijacked my credit card and screwed up my bank account. The kids were having a difficult day and the consensus was from everyone that they should be with me tonight instead of staying with their mom. Two flights, one highlighted by people who cannot fill overhead space, and smartass flight attendants. By the time I got home, I was so beat I could barely moved.

But was rescued, and delivered, and the kids and I are home for the night.

Thought this dragonfly would make a nice pic for today. Our event was right beside Lake Pontchartrain, and the dragonflies were everywhere... Beautiful colors, great details and a wonderful representation of the diversity.

D300 200mm f/5.6 1/200 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers