Monday, May 24, 2010

Window on my Day

Driving on Interstate 85 North, coming out of Charlotte this afternoon, and traveling at the frightening speed of 12 mph, I thought this was a better use of my time than thinking threatening thoughts about the people who were keeping my car from going it's normal speed. Did I mention I like run-on sentences.


This picture made me realize that I love a clean windshield, especially when it has the water beading up on it. The size of the drops, which could not streak up the glass when you're only DRIVING TWELVE MILES AN HOUR (sorry, a little frustrated), were wonderful, and the brake lights ahead warning me that I was about to slow down some more. But as much as I hated to drive slow, there was a peace to be found in that isolation, among those hundreds of cars, in a drenching rain, slowly creeping north, when all you hear is the occasional wipe of the blade or the monotone voice of the interview on WFAE. It centers and releases, and makes you stop and enjoy just the moment.

Today, I was very tired nearly all day, and that state of exhaustion caused the day to feel very muted. So arriving home tonight, I had an email from a friend who has also suffered loss in her personal life. She humbled me with kind words about my blog. I really don't know who reads this rambling collection of thoughts, and tonight I was surprised that this helps someone other than me. Reading about her fresh scab and scars were familiar, and the ideas that I help her brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for your email, Addy...

It wasn't the only surprising email I received today. Loved the little "L" btw...

D300 95mm f/5.3 1/125 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers