Saturday, May 29, 2010

Creativity

I knew that there would be a great opportunity for Drew's imagination to be brought to life this weekend, and today that belief was fulfilled. After getting him up around 9:30, he rushed to get out the door as soon as he realized that he was missing time with his grandpa.


About 90 minutes later, Drew walks up the driveway with two objects in his hands. The pride was beaming from cheek-to-cheek as he twirled the brand-new tomahawks in his hands. Daddy and Drew had taken steel pipe and shards of steel, cut, sharpened, and welded them together. The process of creation was clearly a joint effort, and that allowed them both to enjoy something nature about each other.

The rest of the day was good, except for momentary bouts of jealousy, trying conversation about family matters and the sharing of time and food with my aunts, their families and my own. I find Banner Elk to be the kryptonite of my life in so many ways.

D300 180mm Micro f/5.6 1/8 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers