Monday, May 3, 2010

Roar

Today, I found my friend failed me... failed to capture all the beauty I saw because it was as auditory as it was visual. On the way to a meeting in Highlands (driving from Franklin), I rode through the Cullasaja Gorge up US 64, and the falls through there were amazing...


The first, and most dramatic, were the Cullasaja falls, which drop over 250 feet, into the gorge itself. The road was curvy and made sure you were a part of the forming of the walls and gave great views.

The second was Dry Falls (above), which were hardly dry yesterday. The water was just raging (there had been some serious rain in the last couple days and wow -- it was loud and powerful) and made taking photos all I could do. Last (and the least interesting to me) were the Bridal Veil Falls, which you can drive under... Just not as visually interesting to me.

A long day, from waking early in a very pleasant way, to Drew not feeling well drama, and then the drive to Frankin. Better insight into myself and others, lingering thoughts and all, and thankful for some normalcy in so many ways in my life.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers