Friday, May 7, 2010

Streaks

So tired and busy today that the camera never emerged from the pile of work and meetings to ever capture a picture. Pitiful, I know. I am sorry.


Instead I offer another picture from Wednesday, which was as cool as Venus was compelling. I was driving back from Sylva along US 74 between Andrews and Murphy when I noticed how dark the area around me was and thought to look up to see how dark the sky was. I immediately pulled off the side of the road, and set up my tripod and started taking pictures.

Now I get that it wasn't the safest place to be taking pictures. Cars were driving by, and it was dark. I was alone without any part of Drew's arsenal. I did have a carbon-fibre tripod so I could have at least hurt someone good before going down. But I wasn't really worried... I was too focused up. The stars were very bright, and the ground around me was dark and I was in heaven.

As I looked around, and changed positions, I started working on the horizon and the lights behind the horizon lighting up the mountains but preserving the stars behind it. After a couple, the third was interrupted by a truck driving down the road. I cursed -- ruined my picture. Obviously I was wrong. Sometimes, it's good to be wrong.

D90 85mm f/1.4 30 sec ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers