Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Success

No, this is not about that... Today was a day filled with good things. Woke up in an incredible bed in the Proximity, and worked for about two hours before I got on the road to Garner for a meeting with one of my new clients. Then off to get some HIPAA stuff done, and a short visit to the crackhouse for a new camera strap and a filter for the 70-180mm. A couple hours of work from home, and then off to the final meeting of the day with a potential client that I had to be honest about why I thought they ought to wait to buy.


Come out -- two messages that we sold two new pieces of business today! It is so empowering to sell, and to connect with people and their needs, and then to find workable solutions... it is one of the most amazing drugs I could ever imagine. But it's never enough -- four mouths to feed, and a fifth that I am tired of feeding so there's tomorrow's work to be done. Three meetings tomorrow before flying to ATL in the evening (but flying first class for some reason...). Get there late -- 11:30 but I will be back in NC by 3:30 on Friday so another short trip.

How we define success varies so much. Happiness is one way. Money is another. Simple things or complex thought -- art or logic. But success for me is the simple reward in feeling better about who I am today, and who I am going to be tomorrow. It's being able to be me without shame, and willing to stand up in the face of adversity for the values, the emotional connections, the heartfelt love I believe in.

I took this picture this evening as I was trying out my new camera strap and I really liked it. I got this as a wallet replacement and I have been really pleased with it. But the every evening nature of this image is what I most liked about it. I have never been one to leave my stuff in the same place every evening, but I try to, and my dresser is where I ought to do that... I once had a place reserved for me on the left hand side of the bed, and where I always found little notes. I miss the lyrical strokes and heartfelt nature of those messages...

...waiting in the wings to sweep you off your feet...

Sleep well friends. Thanks for sharing your time with me.

D300 85mm f/1.4 1/640 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers