Saturday, May 1, 2010

Fun Saturday at Caswell

Today was the day I needed in a lot of different ways. Up early with some work. Breakfast with friends at Yucca, then off to the morning program. Lots of hanging with old friends and new ones. I had so many opportunities to be proud of my children, both from others' comments to me about them to just the quiet observation that a father can have when he lets them be.


At least two opportunities for illicit drinking with other Baptists, which was highlighted by about eight of us sitting on the back porch of Sand Dune, drinking leftover Mint Juleps, freshly made gin-and-tonics, and good beer and laughing about our kids, our lives, and the wonder that a day in the sun, and fellowship can bring.

And as I was about to go join Drew in bed, the moon was rising, with clouds obscuring its ascent, and the glow you get in the early moments above the horizon. The perfect ending...

D90 210mm f/5.6 1/125 ISO 1600

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers