Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thundercloud over Greensboro

Tonight, as I was driving back from Murphy, this huge cloud lorded over Interstate 40 as I was entering Greensboro. The cloud was so big, and seemed to be miles and miles into the atmosphere. And it was beautiful, so I did the only responsible thing I could: I kept driving 80 mph and pulled out my camera and took pictures of it.


A long day started by waking up late, poking my eye with the sheets on the Hampton Inn bed, four meetings before 3 pm, and driving home through fifteen counties and over 360 miles. It was a ride filled with lots of calls and work, an amazing drive through the Nantahala Gorge, one near-ticket (oddly, I mean obviously, the highway patrol officer believed that someone else was speeding and they got pulled) and a good dinner and chat at Champps. My meetings were filled with interesting people (one client was the long-time executive director of a public services agency whose grumpiness became the joke, and the best way to make him relax and listen), and I rode home feeling great joy for my luck in doing and enjoying this job so much.

So now, finally, I will sleep.

D300 18mm f/3.5 1/640 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers