Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jackson Square

In New Orleans this evening, and had a great dinner at Nola, an Emeril restaurant in the French Quarter with my hosts and the other speakers. A fabulous dinner, a couple mojitos (one mango, the other pomegranate) and a great conversation with friends old and new. My friends Denny and his wife, Celine were there which was really great since I hadn't seen them in almost two years.


Something about this town is very interesting. First, I hate Bourbon Street -- too much.... something. Not a place I would ever want to hang out, let alone get drunk. Second, I love the rest of the French Quarter. It's wonderful, and different, mysterious and eclectic and full of undiscovered secrets. Third, there is a magic in the air that makes people want to have fun.

I also came here thinking about a fight from a couple years ago, about what I did or didn't do, and realize that is something I have had to put in the past. I am comfortable with who I am now, and not at all afraid of my future like I once was. Being here gave me an opportunity to re-affirm that idea and not fear things like I used to...

D300 60mm f/4.8 1/5 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers