Friday, February 5, 2010

Spoon














I love the power of a spoon. Tonight, I watched Drew, Mary Kathryn and MK's friend, Caroline (Car-o-li-na) eat their desserts of ice cream and frozen ice and watch Wizards of Waverly Place. In the foreground of this pic, you see the back of Caroline's head, and in the distance is Drew, working hard... All we have of MK is her spoon, and her immaculate fingers. A moment of relaxation, the epitome of a Friday night, captured in just a second.
Today, I worked and had a great meeting and did one of my favorite things in the world: pick up the kids on a Friday afternoon. MK got in the car and almost immediately told me what she needed to do: Target and Dollar Store for some stuff for her secret Valentine, oh and can Caroline come spend the night? When I told her how we could get all that done, she surprised me with "Daddy, I love that you are so flexible... Thanks!"
And if I thought it could get no better, I was wrong. Too many times, the kids, either together or individually, came up to me in Target and just hugged me to tell me that they missed me. Hard to believe that I forget that their amazing love is so durable and everlasting to make everything else in life a little brighter and fun despite the pouring rain and the cold air.
This morning, a strong bit of sadness was clouding over my thoughts and paralyzing me in inaction. Chatting with T, trying to talk about the who and the why, when I got my daily email from Neale Donald Walsch entitled "I Believe God Wants You to Know." I opened it and the tears rushed out. It read:
On this day of your life, David, I believe God wants you to know...
...that you cannot find or create a costume big enough to hide your true self from anyone.
In truth, we're all wearing The Emperor's New Clothes. We parade before the world naked--thinking that no one can see us. Why not just be proudly revealed, and authentically who we are?
And do not worry about being rejected and alone. It is the real you that everyone falls in love with--and that God adores.
You will not have to think but a second to know exactly why you received this message today.
That was how it started, and you see how it ended. Life's amazing experience creating a spoon for my heart, my soul and my spirit.
D90 85mm f/8 1/13 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers