Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cohen Bros, Jackson, Mississippi



















Well that was interesting. Jackson is a very quaint little town, not unlike a lot of other small state capitals. A few observations... First, it was raining THE ENTIRE TIME. Second, I don't know why going to Mississippi makes me think about apartheid. Third, it was raining so much that I had to buy an umbrella. I hate umbrellas.
Today, I spoke to a group of about 140 folks at the Jackson Association of Health Underwriters, first about medical malpractice reform and then answered questions about health care reform, rising costs of health care, and various related topics. It was my favorite environment: answer questions, offer opinions, and be irreverent. All in all, a wonderful 3 hours... followed by six hours getting home. Don't even ask....
This pic is from downtown Jackson, across the street from a brand new hotel. It was really odd, one side of the street was completely renovated, the other looked like this. In fact, a lot of downtown Jackson was in just as dilapidated condition... But this captured the view very well...
D90 85mm f/4 1/2000 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers