Monday, February 22, 2010

Showing off

It's odd how you keep certain things in control, but then that resistible need to prove what a badass you are peeks through... Last night, I was doing that, and then this morning, in the shower, where I do all of my high-quality thinking, I realized what I had done... and I felt really stupid and immature.


I love to drive... I drive like a madman when I am alone, and occasionally worse when I am with someone else. A co-worker, Mark Waugh, joined me on the drive to Franklin last night. My car handles great (most of the time) and can really make it up the mountain roads like I-40 at Old Fort with great ease, usually while accelerating. So Mark's riding, and I'm showing off, and just cutting through curves, speeding my way into the next two lanes and scooting up the mountain... when my car starts acting up...

Now granted - it was no big deal, but it was just irresponsible. I should know better, but I didn't act like the grown up I wanted to and this morning I was pretty upset with myself. I mean -- come on, he's a co-worker, someone I've known and worked with for years... someone I respect and admire as a person. But I had to do that. It was probably one of the worst acts of immaturity I've committed in nearly a year.

So, I'm sorry. Sorry to you, Mark. And sorry for not living up to the standards I have set for myself in so many parts of my life.

And thanks for listening to my confessional.

D90 85mm f/5.6 1/20 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers