Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snow, Speaking, Sorrow, Schlep and Sleep...

I woke to five inches of snow on my car this morning and was blessed by my parents' help getting out. Then drove through the snow, and wind, to Boone to speak before a Chamber group for my friend Lee.


After driving to Hendersonville to do a webinar, I went to Asheville to meet friends for dinner. But on the way, I found out that my friend, Rob Cranford, had died unexpectedly. That put a damper on the evening - mortality and meals don't always mix. However I did find that the few moments of wine, good food and catching up with friends from high school was great. Scott and Tamara were great hosts and helped me forget for a while that for Rob's family and the rest of the Morrow team, along with all of the people touched by Rob's life, were beginning the process of grieving.

The salt on my car, the drifting snow, the gray skies and followed by bright blue and then tears and wine all framed a day in my life. But to capture snowflakes was a particular surprise. Pretty amazing that each is unique, like every day, every life.

D90 24mm f/8 1/125 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers