Friday, February 26, 2010

Fun Friday...

After a long drive home tonight, I was invited by Drew to come to his school for family fun night. It was a great day -- between speaking before my friends at the Western NC AHU Symposium and getting lots of calls made on the way home.


Drew's invitation, and the chance to spend just a few minutes with he and Mary Kathryn (after not having them this week because of all my travels) really made my day. MK would not get more than two feet from me, and was chatting about all these fun things going on in her life.

Drew's hugs though have to be one of the greatest things in the world. His genuine smile totally changes the way I think about my day, and reminds me of how much our relationship has changed for the good. He hugged me about three times within the five minutes and it was like medicine to ease an aching heart.

Being so tired tends to make me emotional, and I was blessed by many friends' uplifting words, support and a caring ear to make my day a little easier.

Drew's throwing of the bean bags so he could win ANOTHER sticky thing captured the second best part of my day. The best was sitting on my couch, with MK's head in my lap, watching something on TV, and my fingers in her blond locks. Being a father truly is the culmination of so many parts of my life.

D90 70mm f/8 1/50 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers