Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lazy Saturday...

I took one picture today, just one, and it was the way to start my day... looking into Mary Kathryn's bedroom, seeing her asleep at 9:15 am and being amazed at how her sleep, her restful slumber permeated the condo this morning.


After getting a call (or three) from her mother about WHEN I was going to get her home, I did drop her off and then enjoyed a Biscuitville sausage and egg biscuit before returning home. I went from pajama bottoms to jeans to pajama bottoms and was able to just sit today, and enjoy the peace. The only problem is that sitting around makes me think too much.

I was touched by one thing said to me today: "avoiding things doesn't make them better or go away." That is so true. A friend has suggested I write a letter. Others have suggested I write a book. I have started a chapter of something that I don't know what it will turn into, but it is true... Avoiding is not an answer.

Prayer, keeping good in your heart and thoughts, calling a friend when they are on your mind, being authentic and living each day in appreciation of what you have are all important. These forms of rest have made this lazy day one of meaning for me. I read comforting words about a friend who lived his life by giving, and died both in reality and in substance from having a heart too large. I listened to a friend's frustration at keeping a niece on the right path. I watched another give of time to help take care of a child because of other family needs. I shared time with friends, whose obvious affection for each other was touching, and remarkable.

Tonight I pray for Rob Cranford's family. I pray for Beth Parrot's hip to be healed and for her husband and friends taking such good care of her. I pray for friends struggling through family situations. I give thanks for all I have, and thank God for the ability to appreciate my life, love my children and see hope in another day. Amen.

D90 270mm f/5.6 1/50 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers