Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Breaks....


“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway


Some nights, the energy to write escapes me. This quote was shared tonight and it inspired this photo... of a broken vase that I bought unbroken this summer. Then one Sunday evening this fall, I walked in with my tripod and knocked it off the table it sits on, by the front door. And I've left it there ever since, for reasonsI could never figure out (other than the mere fact that I still really like the colors and shape). Now its reason for being is known.

“Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.” Thanks, Mr. Hemingway, for the words of encouragement and hope. Sleep well, friends.

D90 85mm f/2.8 1/40 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers