Sunday, February 21, 2010

Inspiration...

...was lacking today, so I am cheating and using a picture from yesterday which I really liked. MK was texting and Drew was shopping for rocks and stones, and I was taking pictures -- pretty much our typical day together.


In the midst of a long discussion with a buddy while driving to Franklin, NC (which is as far west as I've ever been in our great state), the comment was made: we often question the wrong thing. I just smiled because I knew I was inspired to write for tonight, and thought it was a very good point.

We doubt people's intentions, we question their thoughts or their actions when what we need to do is turn the attention back on ourselves. Too often I have been mad at Mary Jo, or the kids, or someone important in my life for something they said or did, when in fact I was in the wrong place personally to deal with those issues, or just mad because it wasn't what I wanted to hear or do. I've seen this happen too many times with friends and it's amazing how hard it is.

I am not sure we should ever question others' motives, but that is incredibly hard. All we can do is accept, hope, believe and breathe. It's what I try to do every day. And I fail at least once every day. It's life.

D90 85mm f/4.5 1/400 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers