Saturday, February 13, 2010

Birds and Snow













So today, I finally took snow pictures worth sharing. While the one that may be the most exciting or interesting has been posted on my Facebook page, I think this combination was the most fun for me. I woke up, late for a change, and found the snow from Friday continued to fall in earnest. It was a beautiful morning, and the birds were EVERYWHERE. After eating a bit, and begging my dad to bring me my camera bag, I was entranced.

My parents have put up bird feeders all around the house for just this purpose (of which I was previously oblivious) and man, were they hungry and really stood out against the white. I stood in my parents' bathroom and took so many pictures -- bluebirds, cardinals, snowbirds, doves and mouse birds (I suppose that's what they are -- per my parents). Their colors, and frenetic energy, the competition for the thousands of seeds, hiding in the bushes, and prancing around one another.

But these two pictures made me feel that I was being studied as much as I was fascinated by them. The tilt of his head back and forth, was remarkable and something that seemed remarkable to have captured in this way. I guess it's silly but it's another part of my slowing down to appreciate and "see" the world that has been there my whole life, but I completely ignored. Here are the other pics that made the cut from today.

My drive home was uneventful and even driving through Greensboro was not too hard. I am planning to write something long tomorrow for the blog.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers