Monday, August 30, 2010

What the hell is it about Mondays?

Why do we hate this day? It isn't the first day of the week (for the record, fellow Baptists, the "keep the Sabbath holy" was not talking about Sunday). It is the first day of the work week, so that is something. I also think that all the crazies spend the weekend trying to think of crap to make life for the rest of us "interesting" come Monday when they can finally express it.


Fridays contribute to Mondays, because most people stop working about 1 pm on Friday, at least mentally, and so there's a lot put off from then that is also pressing down on the Monday gravity. And all that relaxation we shove into two days -- from Saturday naps to Sunday walks to waking up a little foggy from a few glasses of [fill in alcoholic beverage of choice here] one of those nights, that we need to go start draining our tanks so we can do it again.

Today's drama quotient was high and kept rising. The work issues kept falling out of the air like my hair in the shower in 1991. And while some got accomplished, I am ending this day feeling that I didn't get everything done that I had wanted to or intended to. Oh, like I never even pulled the camera out to take a picture today. Sorry...

So I move into Tuesday with lots to still do, and a few things to look forward to in the coming days. And thankfully I won't have another real Monday for two more weeks.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers