Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Skulls in the Couch

Some things strike me as funny. I am sitting at the O. Henry Hotel in Greensboro, working and trying to compose my thoughts, and I looked over at the couch... and there was this collection of skulls looking at me. The pattern in the cloth is just overwhelmingly strong and yet so subtle that a clear, focused picture of the couch could not reveal the pattern as I saw it. Only when it was out of focus could the camera see what I see -- which is the perfect analogy for where I feel I am all too often.


What is in focus does not reveal what is really there, whether it is something emotional, personal or otherwise. And the willingness to look at something, and lose focus to see what you see is a state of mind that you have to be open to seeing, accepting and believing.

The doubts, the uncertainty, the friendships and the belief in what is and what is not do not diminish anything that you truly believe in. To know how I felt the day I walked into her house, and the look on her face, were real, and not imagined, without any of life's BS to change how the memory works or is.

But the singing voices of these three flowers remain aloud in their belief that it will all be good and tomorrow is another day. My long week of traveling is about to end... thankfully.

I had a feeling driving along Wendover this afternoon that I struggle to put into words. Tomorrow I will try, on my way around the state again...

Thanks for the hug, the words and the minutes that made the day a different thing than I otherwise expected.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers