Monday, August 2, 2010

Hendersonville

Marion to Canton to Clyde to Black Mountain to Hendersonville is a lot of driving for one day, but I got it all done. Arrived in Canton and found that the smell had improved significantly from my childhood memories (thanks in large part to the Clean Air Act) and met with some guys in my business and their clients. Spent some time in Black Mountain in our office late this afternoon, working on another client matter and getting caught up on the day's voluminous email before heading to Hendersonville.


I have lots of Hendersonville memories, from the first time I came here to visit my friend Peter to the numerous times I have been here to help my friend Jim Rasmussen with some issue or to do a presentation. One of my favorite times was when Jim's two co-workers, Dave and Rob, convinced me to not show up at their office on time for Jim's meeting and instead to meet them at the Corner Restaurant for breakfast instead... They had a big laugh; Jim didn't really appreciate or get the funny part of that prank. But it exposed me to Rob Cranford's practical joking ways.

Went to a wedding here one time where we picked on the groom for looking like Randy Travis. Ate more than one meal at this cool Irish restaurant downtown, including the time I watched the OJ Simpson chase with Peter and Jefé. My favorite structure in town is the incredibly tall tower that lists all of the state championships won by Hendersonville High -- mainly because they were the only single A school in the state for a number of years, I think... That tower I believe is mandated by city ordinance to be the tallest structure within the city limits. It's pretty funny as it's grown over the years.

It's a town that I have great memories in. And tonight I got to eat at my favorite Mexican restaurant around here (there's another in Asheville) - Papas and Beer. You'd love it because it has a little salsa bar with about eight different kinds of salsa. Great fish tacos and great atmosphere. The perfect place to end my day.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers