Thursday, August 12, 2010

Larry the House Elf

Got to enjoy time this evening with the kids, Larry and Ash tonight in Mebane. We are, Drew and I played some Terminator game for so long my elbow still hurts and I beat Larry's ass in bowling. It was great to see him.


My friend Peter Hans first mentioned Larry to me as someone looking for a summer internship after his first year in law school. He grew up in Maryland, was a personable and hard-working guy and someone that as soon as I met him, I instantly liked him. And we have remained good friends ever since. While he was finishing law school, and in those first few months afterwards, I had Larry clean the house for some money, and the kids were used to seeing him late at night when he would stop in. Hence the "house elf" nickname since they would wake up and the place would be totally clean and they asked if the house elf had come in the middle of the night to clean.

He listened to me ramble on about my heart, my work, his fears, and life, and has remained a steadfast friend. He tried his best to help last year, and I will always be eternally grateful.

Today largely sucked. Way too much drama with MJ -- getting nuttier than a Planters can -- and lots of driving and other stress to really be able to enjoy most of my day. Angry about this, frustrated about that, and I just never did feel like I could get my head right today. Hence -- it truly sucked.

Tonight... well, I am going to fall asleep. Tomorrow will be better. Please.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers