Sunday, August 29, 2010

Roadwork

A restful day -- maybe too restful. I got lots of sleep last night and then, after breakfast with Gene and Mary Kaitland and talking to someone about fixing the seatbelt in the Lexus so that it will no longer annoy MK, I came home and took ANOTHER nap -- 3.5 hours. So I am feeling rested, but beginning to think if my body is trying to tell me something. We'll see...


Tonight, headed to party for the happy couple, put on by their friends, and had to negotiate the roadwork on Glenwood Avenue. Effectively, NCDOT is tearing Glenwood up and re-doing it from downtown for about two or three miles. It's a pain to negotiate, but it's a pretty impressive job. In fact, I have noticed that there has been an incredible amount of road repair and repaving going on around the state, particularly in the Triangle. And it struck me the other day that all of this work going on, improving things in this economy might, just might, have something to do with the role that North Carolina played in electing President Obama -- both on primary night in May (when I was otherwise distracted) and in November.

I had a super time at the party. Met lots of people, and reconnected with a number of folks I hadn't seen in years. It was great to see Mark and Jennifer -- Mark is doing very well, and a real blessing to have him with us. So many cool folks there, and I was blessed by the evening in many ways. A great way to end my Saturday.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers