Friday, August 20, 2010

Catch-up, or ketchup

Today was a great catch-up day. And I got to spend some really good time with the kids and then lots of work crap done that had been lost or was undone in the course of the week of traveling. It felt good to end the day with lots behind and not too much ahead.


It feels great to just sit on the couch and wonder why I don't do it more often. I know the answer, of course, but it was incredible to know that I didn't have to answer the phone, or run out to talk to someone. I could just sit, work on stuff that needed to be worked on and go help a friend with her campaign for state house. I had no need to do, and it made everything else work.

Tonight, around 9 pm, after we'd all finished making calls for the campaign, I realized the last meal I'd had was Drew's leftover steak for breakfast 13 hours ago. But hunger did not consume me. The thoughts in my head swirled, I ate a slice of pizza and enjoyed verbal sparing about campaigns, practicing law and how glad I am that neither of those things drive my life any longer. I am confident in who I am, and everything just is.

Surprised tonight with an invitation to go to the third part of Gerald and Melanie's celebration in Bartow. Gonna decide and do what feels right.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers