Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Drama

Today was too damn much... as I said before dinner tonight, drama at work is what you get when you allow human beings to occupy the same space for too long.


Ended my day tired from too much said about what others said, what they did not say, and how that impacted everybody else around them. It overshadowed my afternoon, and I am thankfully ending my day early so that I can go on to sleep to catch up from only having four hours last night.

Walking out of Tupelo Honey in Arden tonight after dinner, I caught the first cool breeze I've felt in a while. With the sun slowly settling lower in the sky, to feel the air tinged with lower temperatures made me both happy for the coming fall, and incredibly sad at the same time. I am a light person -- I hate short days, cold weather, and the melancholy that is the tagalong for a bad date. But the seasons are the seasons -- one ends, another comes, and (unless Al Gore is dead on), we will continue to feel that change every year.

And I added to drama by taking pictures of I-40's descent of Old Fort Mountain this evening. Pretty fun, stupid and actually an interesting catch after it all. Oh, and no one was injured or hurt (nor was there any property damage) from the taking of this photograph.

Love my occasional horoscope - This Week as Aries: Why should you work harder than everyone else? Why is it up to you to pick up the slack when others are suffering from outbreaks of laziness and incompetence? And why should you be the fearless leader who is focused on fixing the glitches and smoothing over the rough patches when no one else seems to care whether things fall apart? I'll tell you why, Aries: because it's the Karmic Correction phase of your long-term cycle -- a time when you can atone for past mistakes, pay off old debts, and make up for less-than-conscientious moves you got away with once upon a time.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers