Saturday, September 4, 2010

Waking up in an odd house

This morning, as I awoke from dreams of my past, I could not remember where I was. I was lying on a twin daybed, partially under covers and Drew was across the room. My computer was closed and nearby. And I could barely remember falling asleep. Then I realized that I was in Baltimore, and it all fell (somewhat) in place.


Mary Kathryn was mostly up at 7 am, reading messages and all (only to quickly fall back to sleep). Drew was sprawled on his bed across from me, and I felt like I wanted a few minutes of peace and quiet downstairs.

The shadows in the room were fascinating, and this was the sight I enjoyed as the sleep released its grip on my head, and I stepped out to see how the day might be. And it was great.

But now I lay in that twin daybed again, and prepare for the sleep to come, with the hope that tomorrow I won't awake in an odd house; instead I'll just be the home of friends.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers