Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Traveling Man

I thought this picture best captured my day... a little bridge of trees ahead to pass under, wonders ahead and behind, and the promise of friends, and food, and drink ahead. It turned out to be just that...


437 miles according to Google Maps -- a great wide circle from home to Hickory to Charlotte, to Fayetteville and back home. I left at 7:20 am and got home at 12:30 am. But the kind of day where certain things got me going and left me fulfilled, and others left me empty and wondering. In other words, it was just a day, like many before it, and like many to come. And sometimes, those days are the reminders to just enjoy.

The most depressing thing was that I finished my book (The Passage, by Justin Cronin) about the time I got to Hickory, so I was left without something to "read" for the remainder of the drive. I must now find something new to download and enjoy.

So I will start my day anew.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers