Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Chair

I decided a new months ago that sitting on the couch was killing my back when I was home working... so I decided that since one of my clients was a furniture company, I should shop there first.


Found this great leather chair -- arms, nice narrow seat, but it wouldn't fit in the car so momma and daddy picked it up and last night, Bob McLean carried it to Durham for me so I could - beep, beep, beep - drive it back to my condo - beep, beep, beep - in my car. Of course, while I was - beep, beep, beep - driving it over here, I had to leave the - beep, beep, beep - back of the car open a bit. But when I drove it that way - beep, beep, beep - the car felt it necessary to NEVER stop - beep, beep, mother-fuckin' beep - the entire 20 minute drive home.

When I got it home, I found I couldn't get it up the stairs by myself so I relied on the assistance of my own personal Hercules -- Drew. He helped me get it in by carrying the back while I was negotiating the bookcase, the random corners, and get it into the living room.

Tonight, after a long day of meetings, and deciding that I wasn't going to drive to Johnson City, I came home to work in my new chair -- this throne of work. The chair that I'll love to work in for years, and that someone will love to hate in the future, and bring to my next place, and the next, and the next until I settle for the rest of my life.

In short, I love my new chair.

---

Found out tonight that I have been included in a list of blogs that the Durham Convention and Visitors Bureau maintains. A pretty cool thing to be among the 200 plus blogs listed. Thanks...

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers