Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mountain Foggy Morning

This morning, coming off the mountain to my meetings in Hickory, the sun was rising and the fog was hanging heavily on the trees and the land. Tired was in my eyes, and in my head, but the first tinges of my Diet Pepsi and my Vyvanse were beginning to give me that morning etherial glow.


You could feel that fall was preparing to conquer the air, the trees, the smell and begin the cycle of hibernation for nature. But the temperature was still in the low 70's as I descended, and the distinct feel of humidity and summer was putting up a fierce defense.

I know how this battle would end, but the utter beauty of the moment stopped me cold, and made me appreciate the view, the promise of rest and success, and the feeling that nothing would stop me today.

Been challenged to think about my reaction to various things in the last few days. Space. Something unknown. People who like confrontation, but don't know how to deal with being confronted with their own issues. It's an area that I feel that I don't have my confidence down yet, and struggle to just say the right words. An area of focus to come...


I miss you... I don't know what to say or do. But I do think about you every day.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers