Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pity Party Over

Friday morning, feeling rushed and still tired, I woke to see the reflections of the cross, and a steeple, in the building across from my balcony. The sun was rising and the morning sky still tan and orange with shares of blue and yellow. It was a nice sight to wake up to -- keeping me in focus as the day began.


It was a long day -- five meetings and lots of driving between them, and ended with dinner at Vic's on the River with my friends and coworkers, David and Rene Rubnitz. It was a great dinner -- wonderfully creamy grits and shrimp preceded by a pork eggroll that was perfect in nearly every way. Downtown was hopping, with tons of tourists and people around, but I just felt suddenly empty and decided to go back to the hotel to sleep.

I posted my little note and moved into the night, watching some piece on 9-11 conspiracies and fell asleep before 10:00 pm. I needed the rest.

So I am sorry that I was having a pity party last night. It happens, ya know?

Roll Tide! Go Ducks! Go Dawgs!

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers