Monday, March 1, 2010

Moonday thoughts...

The full moon for the new month, captured at about 1:30 am this morning. It was a remarkable moon, moving nearly perfectly across the sky from east to west and a challenge to capture. I apologize that this is not in better focus, but it has been one of the most humbling aspects of my aging that nearsightedness severely impacts my focusing skills. Don't know how to deal with that issue yet, but it is weighing on me.


So I had this conversation about the Avery County High days with some classmates last week and we were discussing someone who had hit on nearly everyone, but I didn't know that. I always thought it was odd that I had been hit on, but when I realized that I wasn't that special, I figured out that it was like Amway. If you're male, under 30 in America and you haven't been approached about Amway, then something is seriously wrong with you. Those special opportunities are sometimes just a marketing ploy.

One final observation for the day is on left-handed scissors. I picked up a pair today to open up a new SD card, and realized that left-handed people really are different than the rest of us. I think I pulled a muscle in my knuckle trying to get them on my hand. A pretty amazing invention, especially when I have to abandon my right-sided bias and appreciate how tough it really must be to be left-handed. A good perspective, even with all the meds I'm taking for my aching hand.

D90 on Telescope f/12 1/250 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers