Saturday, March 20, 2010

Thirteen

Mary Kathryn turned thirteen today. I cannot tell you the weirdness of being the father of a teenager, but at the same time, today was no different than yesterday. She is still a maturing young woman, whose indifference can be infuriating, and whose beauty and complexity are overwhelming...


She came into this world a little light, but an amazing sight to see. I still talk about those minutes, and first days and weeks, and get a little teary-eyed. To know the wonderment of holding my child in my arms was more than I could have ever imagined. To think that I could do that again is so real, and possible, and yet so distant right now....

So this day, I am thankful for seeing my grown up daughter blow out candles, play soccer, laugh about boys, make cupcakes, and have a spa day with Carolina, and pray that the hugs and the love remain the foundation of our love for one another.

D300 35mm f/2.8 1/30 ISO 200

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers