Sunday, March 28, 2010

Touchdown Jesus...

Admission: I really didn't get this until I had laid my eyes and my lens upon it. It's actually hilarious -- my man Jesus is pretty much right outside Notre Dame Stadium and while some (non-football worshipping) Christians might believe his is simply blessing those in need of the same, he is apparently recognizing the scoring of six points on the field of battle.


Woke with Drew's knees in my back, and got on the way to Indiana mid-morning. Arrived in South Bend in the late afternoon, and struck by how... old, rust-beltish the place felt. Yes, the university is very pretty, and pretty clearly the most important thing around, but wow...

It was interesting though to be outside Notre Dame Stadium... and taking pictures of the Son... felt very touristy, which I frankly hate. But was very glad that I was able to capture something to remember (and that's all) this trip by. Tomorrow Chris and I meet with some partners up here and then I head home again.

So in the meantime, remember what the folks around here already know: Jesus is a football fan, and he pulls for Notre Dame. Oh, and too bad Duke won -- I really wanted a Butler, West Virginia, Baylor and Tennessee (ugh) Final Four.

D300 24mm f/5.6 1/300 ISO 200

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers