Sunday, March 14, 2010

Random daffodil thoughts


Today was my first day back teaching my Sunday School class since January. The lesson today was on Jesus's discussion about being the bread of life with the people he grew up with in Nazareth. Numerous thoughts ensued. First, John was clearly under the influence of something because his analogies, while strong, were over the head of most contemporaries... Telling the people they must eat Christ's flesh to have everlasting life was clearly a concept, out of context, that most would never get. The ties back to Joseph (Jacob's son, not Jesus's daddy) and manna were great but you can also see why the structure of the church was so necessary for people to even understand their faith (or enforce it).


This afternoon did not involve naps, but I did get some pictures today around Durham which I enjoyed taking. Of course I was too into the picture and not paying enough attention to details like sunlight or exposure speed, or aperture. Got to keep working on those muscles.

D300 35mm f/2.8 1/500 ISO 200

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers