Saturday, March 13, 2010

Nighttime Flowers

I love the beginning of spring, which for me always starts with the first flowers and the time change. Tomorrow morning begins the daylight savings time, which I always cherish as evidence that the days are longer, and warming.


Dogwoods and daffodils are those first signs. Tonight, on my way to grab some dinner, I stopped and took some shots of this dogwood in near full bloom. And got home to be amazed at what I captured. These are not black and white -- instead the night sky and the white florescent lights created amazing shadows and incredible translucence through the petals. Unbelievable beauty in such a simple shot.

Spring is going to lead me in wonderful directions, and provide fantastic inspiration.

D300 35mm f/2.8 1/30 ISO 200

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers