Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New Growth

I am becoming so enamored of the growth, of the sprouting life around me on trees, and bushes and in the most unexpected places.


I love the delicate elements of the emerging flower, the pre-fruit or leaf that is attracting the eye, the pollen carrier and the perpetuation of life.

I was so pleased with my photo from Saturday when it was printed out. I gave the first print to Guilford Green Foundation for the Gala auction. The live auction is a week from Saturday and goes to help GGF serve it's mission to the LGBT community in Greensboro and beyond. I hope it is well received.

My college professor friend mentioned a Plato diatribe about men being twice removed from the truth, which sparked my curiosity. After doing some reading and learning, I found the source of his view was based in large part on his belief that reality is the only truth and that artists produce some facsimile of the truth by their painting, or sculpture, or art... This blog posting was very interesting to me and gave me a chance to expand my brain.

We are meant to have new growth, in our minds, in our hearts, in our lives, in our spirits. Spring is a great time for that to happen. Nature reminds us every year...

D300 14mm f/8 1/800 ISO 200

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers