Friday, March 19, 2010

Setting sun

After a night of recovery (with plenty of sleep) and a morning of teaching and enjoying a Frosted Orange from The Varsity, I returned back to NC to take care of some business and to begin the weekend.


This evening, enjoyed more time with the camera and the opportunity to teach how to capture different images with various settings. And in wonderment, and surprise, this photo of the sun setting over Lake Crabtree appeared as the best example of a mix between a small aperture and a fast shutter speed, in the face of a bright and setting sun...

Two interesting thoughts shared tonight: One from a friend dealing with winding down of a relationship: "Oh, I get a maudlin email in the evening, and I TRY to be nice, but my impatience kicks in and swipe goes my cat's paw." I love the simplicity, and the strength of the language, and the raw frustration and emotion of the reaction. Made me wonder if others react the same to me sometimes...

Second was the realization that we all have unfinished business and that the need to stay on the task at hand is sometimes an essential element of our process. Watching the sun set, you realize that the process moves forward and that tomorrow is unknown. The sun will set tomorrow, but will it be seen as clearly as it was today? It all depends on so many factors. The lack of specific knowledge, and the powerlessness in our reality, should force me to accept that the river flows, and I will not bend it to my will. I have to be open to all possible outcomes. It is the only way to be.

D90 35mm f/32 1/3200 ISO 200

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers