Thursday, March 18, 2010

Perspective

We all need perspective, as I was reminded today. I enjoyed dinner with a high school classmate, comparing notes about former spouses, raising children, balancing work and life, and what is important. So much of how we view the world is from our own place, tall or small, good or bad, without the ability to view the long piece, except through the eyes of others. It is a blessing to hear those perspectives and to be reminded how much better we are (and I am) than I was twelve months ago.


I have felt the tears of others being shed today. I have shed my own, for my own reasons. I was so tired that I nearly fell asleep during a conference call. And I got to experience the joy of trying to rent a car without my drivers license (btw, if you find it, please call my cell phone number....). But I also got to live in the afterglow of a good day, great friends, new friends, and the realization that today was a great day for its own reasons...

And I loved this thought, which came by email today: happiness is good health and a bad memory. Memories, of course, bring up moments that are past, whereas happiness is always found in the moment that is here, now. Constantly remembering bad things, or sad things, can
rob you of your present -- that is, your pre-sent -- joy. Happiness has been sent to you in advance by God. It is here, in this moment, if you will seize it...and share it.

D300 85mm f/1.4 1/20 ISO 200

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers