Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wedding on the beach

...I spent a long day in Key West today, doing about everything I could to simply enjoy the day. I walked around Duval Street, had a great breakfast, bought some cool things and had a Rum Runner in a cool to-go cup while driving around downtown. Gerald and I had freshly caught grouper sandwich with beer, and caught up on life before the big event.


I walked with Melanie down the aisle, once we figured out we were supposed to walk between the shells, and then she went the rest of the way on her own, as it should be. The ceremony was wonderful, affirming and full of the joy you would expect between two people who clearly love each other as much as they do. The small group of friends, standing around them, in the sun, and the Atlantic as the backdrop truly was enough, at times, to make you tear up.

The dinner (at Blue Heaven) and the drinking and the celebrating afterwards in Sloppy Joe's was a lot of fun, but the celebration of two lives brought together reminded me that love can be manifested in faith, truth and patience.

Congrats to Mel and Gerald!

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers