Monday, July 5, 2010

Raspberries

Fell asleep too late last night, watching Top Shot with Drew, and woke up at 6:30 am because my body knew it was a Monday. So I crawled out of bed, read the night's news and emails and got ready to come home. Collecting the various pieces of Drew and Mary Kathryn's leavings around momma and daddy's house, I moved slowly to keep the sleeping breathes from being interrupted too early. And then I moved outside to see what else I could find before I headed off.



So in the garden, I found raspberries growing there in various states. I don't think I had ever seen them before they became fruit, and loved their transformation from wee little flower to seedy berry before my very eyes. They were ripe in one place and just barely a bud in others, but the ones worth picking were perfect, and the morning light made them even more beautiful.

Once we were on the road, it was a restful and restless three hours. Freshly cut hair offset by the comments about a few extra pounds from my two weeks on the road, I felt better having the road home in front of me and home behind me for a few weeks. My mind racing, and heart wistful, but I also felt the need to apologize to the kids for my occasionally short fuse with their banter. That inability to be mindful of my present and calm in spirit reverberates around me and while I could justify it, I won't since it truly is a part of the need to find what's next.

So I saw the process God laid out for making a wonderful product, and it brought me to a point of knowing that I am just a part of that process too...

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers