Friday, July 23, 2010

Bonnie

Tropical Storm Bonnie was a LOT of fun. Up waaaay too late last night, up too early so I could make my flight and the three hour trip to Key West took about four hours because (1) it was during the day, (2) there was hundred times more traffic and (3) there was this little wind and rain storm that I had to go through to make it back.


But the traffic, the missed turn (because of being on a conference call) that resulted in me driving through downtown Miami but I made it safely, not even hungover and actually got everything through security.

Once home, got the kids (and shuffling Mary Kathryn around before she wound up going to the mountains with her friend Caroline) and got home to sit and rest with Drew. Glad to be home... and what the hell -- it's hot as hell here.

Everytime I think about marriage I think back to what she wrote that January morning, why it took me four months to read it because of my own guilt and how the reality of love and coming together in that special way really is something I no longer fear.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers