Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dead Insect Parts

No hangover but feeling rough this morning, and made sitting in a room for eight hours tough, but had a good time with my friends. Had a great set of meetings, and a lot of work done today (while I was totally paying attention to everything being said). I suppose I most appreciated the opportunity to help in whatever way I could, and to feel valued for the work I do.


Once home (after rescuing Drew from a frustrated mom), proceeded to rest but found a dead bee on top of the power distribution box in my yard. Drew had about 10 theories of what had happened (he was electrocuted, he was attacked by a bug, his stinger was missing so he must have stung someone, etc.) and I was intrigued. He was coated in pollen, and laying on his left sided, and I just hated not knowing what happened... made me fear the bee disease, and the Einstein quote that all life would end on earth within four years of the death of bees. Undoubtedly it is true.

Interestingly, there was another insect's leg (and nothing else) about eight inches from the bee, and that was the cooler pic and the greater unknown. The entire bee is apparently not as yummy as the rest of the insect who was survived by a leg, and a few thousand relatives.

A nice call to surprise me and a great day overall...

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers