Saturday, July 24, 2010

Learning to Walk

It was a hot day -- Drew and I didn't venture out until midday, and then wen to the flea market, where we got thoroughly boiled while searching for the relevant and irrelevant. But I love his insatiable curiosity when he is in that setting... I watched him interact with folks who run the coin shop (and who know him well from Raleigh Coin Club and his occasional visits/interrogations to the market about what the most valuable coin he can buy for $1.00. But they love to feed him new knowledge, and I just love watching him stick that straw in his mouth and fill up...


After two movies (and wondering why we even came out to the car after the second one), we came home to rest. But this thought struck me how much of my life, I feel like I've had to learn to walk again. The first time I went to see a movie in May of last year, I didn't even make it through 20 minutes. Now I can go all the way through the movie, but I always think of my movie mate... Lots of pieces of my life like that, even today, but every little step gets me stronger.

And some things just can't be relearned...

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers