Thursday, July 1, 2010

Final Day in Chicago

I love this post-convention day wherever we are that year since I have started this new practice a couple years ago. So after getting up and doing some work, I went out to chase down some sights I had been told I needed to catch before I left town.


Now I have been in Chicago four other times but never visited Grant Park and Millennium Park and today was a beautiful day to catch them. The sun was bright but not too hot; the crowds were reasonable and the scenes were wonderful and surprising. The big silver bean (at least that's what MK referred to it as when I sent her a pic earlier) was a great example of public art, reflecting the people, the nature and the structures built around it all in a wonderful way. It was shocking to discover and to instantly be enamored with its impact in the park and those visiting today.

Then the beautiful gardens the park was the perfect place to get lost in for a while this morning. The flower and bee were great, especially since the bee is wearing leg warmers or a lot of pollen.

Then the two other flower pics involve a butterfly/moth that I saw that I was instantly captivated by. When it's wings were closed, it appeared to be a leaf, and when open, quite a different scene appeared. I just followed it around the gardens and loved it.

From there I walked down to Grant Park and the Marina, but couldn't get into the park since it was closed for the Taste of Chicago. I was bummed that it didn't open until later in the morning when I needed to be on the way to the airport.

So I walked, took pictures, enjoyed the morning and got on my way home without a minute's regret for how I spent my day. And it made coming home satisfying.

Tonight I am cold in Banner Elk (if it is 50° it would surprise me) but after planes, trains and automobiles, I get to rest and stay in one place for a couple days.

Sleep well...

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers