Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tuesday: Family Meals

Tonight, I sat and watched my family talk: my cousin, her parents, my uncle Herman and his wife, Leona and my parents, over a bowl of grits, ham, stew and fruit with jalapeƱos, and was amazed at the way life develops. None of my grandparents lived to the age that my uncles have, and still have life and verve.

Today, I worked on various marketing tasks, and caught up on numerous items undone on my long list of such things. I spent time with friends, co-workers, people I know and like, and some I don’t like at all, but was blessed by each interaction. I drove my new car, and realized that life can slow down, and I can enjoy the little moments of the day.

And I thought – thought lots, and make me think even deeper thinks about where I am, what I want, and how getting there is something I have no control over. Then tonight, I laid in bed, and let the waves of melancholy roll over me, until I realized that the only option I had was to sleep. And so, I will go to sleep, and let those fears, those loves, those thoughts, and the breath that sustains them all move me forward like trash on the waves.

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers