Friday, June 11, 2010

Sacramento Morning

The reality of the last year struck home today, as I started my day at the site of my initial journey into this land of photography. Some feeling of accomplishment in all that this year of perspective has given me -- and all I still feel that I must yet do.


So I did the thing that has kept me centered and grounded over the last year -- I repeated a pattern of good behavior and went out to see what I would see different this time. And I was pleasantly surprised at what I did see in an entirely different way. Looking at those photos I took on June 12, 2009, there is lots of fascination with buildings, and architectural features and some fauna, mainly around the State Capitol building and the modernist structures in its vicinity. This year, there was a desire to move off the ground, so I went to the top of a parking deck that overlooks downtown. I walked the streets to see what struck me. And I wasn't underdressed like I was last year.

This alleyway, with its beautifully painted corner attempting to distract from what was obviously in the path, reflects that new view, of life, its reality and how it can capture the dichotomy of nearly every city in America -- clean streets, the working alleys a reflection of the work it takes to get and keep those streets presentable.

So to me, my vision is clearer, my heart is stronger, my resolve is greater and I move into this new year of exercising my eyes and my camera finger, I am excited for what it may behold.
D300 18mm f/4.5 1/100 ISO 400

0 comments:

Blogs I Read

Followers